Happy New Year
Mike Burke
2016-12-31 14:22:58 UTC
Happy New Year, everybody.

Mique
Francis A. Miniter
2016-12-31 21:27:45 UTC
Post by Mike Burke
Happy New Year, everybody.
Mique
Happy New Yeark to all.

Francis
Carol Dickinson
2017-01-03 02:10:14 UTC
Post by Francis A. Miniter
Post by Mike Burke
Happy New Year, everybody.
Mique
Happy New Yeark to all.
Francis
I too wish all of you a Happy New Year and hope yours is so far going better than mine.

Had a shipment of insulin sent Dec 28 by UPS 2 day by air (on ice). It was supposed to arrive Friday. Didn't. They don't pronounce it OOPS for no reason here. NOBODY ships UPS here.

Of course by the time business day Friday is over here in Alaska, one can't advise east coast shippers of missing shipment. It snowed here Thursday nite so the driveway and yard had a pristine covering of the white stuff Friday morning and it has remained pristine. No tire tracks, no footprints. We haven't shoveled.

I did finally get to notify the shipper this morning and they claim the driver has signed off that he delivered it. But it sure wasn't to this house. It is their policy to ship without requesting a confirmation signature for receipt of the stuff from the patient. I knew that, because when they dumped the first shipment on my porch without bothering to even ring the doorbell, I called about that and was told the "never have any problems" so it is "not necessary".

They said I had to call UPS which I did, but UPS wanted a tracking # which I was not provided. So then I had to call again and get the shipping #. Then when I called UPS the second time, I was informed that they would investigate the missing parcel.

And how does that work I asked (having no idea because we never use them). Well, the driver who signed that he delivered the package will come to my house and show me where he put it. Except that he never came and put it. And do I want to answer the door when the UPS delivery guy shows up to show me where the meds are? No. He's likely a criminal. It's winter. If I holler the cops down the street won't here me because all the doors and windows are shut. But he won't show up.

I assume anyone else who found a huge insulated box of meds on their porch with a big printed message that says its full of medication would at least attempt to let UPS know. Or even look us up in the phone book and call us. That is quite common in our area. People get the wrong mail at the post office and if they can't stick it in a notch of the box, or put it back to the post office because the door is locked, they will actually call you. In my neighborhood the original Alaskan pioneers are still alive and behave like pioneers, or if not they're children do. If you count 5 houses in any direction from mine the original pioneer or their children are living in those houses.

It would be unheard of for the box to be next door, assuming the delivery guy was that incompetent.

So MOST LIKELY he stole my meds. Even not knowing which ones were in the box, black market meds are a gold mine worth the chance. With a 3 month supply of insulin (which people do use for weight loss) that package was worth in the neighborhood of $2000 just at regular prices. AND THEY SHIPPED IT WITHOUT A CONFIRMATION SIGNATURE REQUIRED. And here's the greatest news. The company does not allow "lost shipment override" replacement. Even if I was willing to pay for a replacement, they won't ship it "because I have a 3 month plus supply already".
Carol Dickinson
2017-01-03 21:11:55 UTC
Post by Carol Dickinson
Had a shipment of insulin sent Dec 28 by UPS 2 day by air (on ice). It was supposed to arrive Friday. Didn't. They don't pronounce it OOPS for no reason here. NOBODY ships UPS here.
snip
Post by Carol Dickinson
I assume anyone else who found a huge insulated box of meds on their porch with a big printed message that says its full of medication would at least attempt to let UPS know. Or even look us up in the phone book and call us. That is quite common in our area.
Well at least it wasn't OUR roommate this time.

So the 2 day express ship on ice insulin was delivered to the wrong house a mile down the road at noon last Friday. And the dummys who live there opened it and sat on it until TODAY. So I spent all day yesterday getting everything organized between CVS and UPS and then first thing this morning I mean 8:10 am CVC calls back and tells me another shipment is being processed. Meanwhile we realized that we have a new security system and we have a video of the yard for the delivery time. So I called UPS to tell them it existed in case they needed some sort of proof of no delivery. I was then put on a conference call with UPS, CVS and me which took about 30 minutes, because the paperwork back and forth between them needed my consent for CVS to tell them it was drugs and to confirm my birhday etc. So all together that too until abt 9:30.

AT 9:45 I get a call from a guy who says his renter/roommates got the package last Friday and OPENED IT. They called him told him about it this morning because he was in Canada over the weekend. I did neglect to consider the holiday weekend when figuring it wasn't at a neighbors. SO he looked us up in the phone book as I knew any of my neighbors would, and called me. Why the dummys couldn't do that I don't know. OR why didn't they just walk up the bike trail with it. Our address was on the package. Or why didn't they call UPS yesterday morning.

Anyway I just spent another hour letting UPS know where the package was, and talking to CVS attempting to at least put a hold on a replacement shipment they told me 2 hours ago they were going to send. We both took pain meds already today so we can't go down and pick it up, so I don't know what kind of condition the insulin is in, whether its been kept chilled, or frozen or room temperature or whatever. According to CVS they can't stop the replacement shipment processing even though it isn't shipped yet, and they can't delay it an hour or whatever.

UPS is going to send someone to pick up the package and bring it to us. I still don't know whether the insulin will be any good, depending on how much the idiots have handled it. So I'm getting a 3 month supply re-sent, plus there is a 3 month supply a mile down the road, and I have a 1 month supply in the fridge already. You have to order a month in advance of when your supply will run out. The thing is that although we have 3 small refrigerators and a big one, that much insulin will fill up all 3 little ones and part of the big one.

Who opens a package not addressed to them. Who doesn't let UPS know they have delivered to the wrong house. Who doesn't just look up the intended recipient in the phone book and call if they don't feel like strolling up the bike trail. I'm glad UPS is retrieving it because I'm not sure I could have an
"adult" conversation with them if I went myself. But still, I have to communicate with them to find out where they've stored it, and be sure it wasn't frozen in the garage or something. Or throw away $2500 of insulin.

So now its noon and I have spent a day and a half on the phone doing this. Had no sleep last night and had just taken another pain pill and read 9 pages this morning when it all started again. I am treating myself to the rest of the day in bed. And I am embarking on a mammoth reading project. Reading all of Gabaldon's stuff straight through, all 10,000 pages.

UPS was very nice this morning. But as I said before, we pronounce it OOPS for a reason.

Carol