Borders Books-Coupons
Charles Bishop
2006-08-14 15:57:27 UTC
Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for discount
on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and got
on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
month and were good for 20-30% off.

Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or May
maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
but no longer does it include coupons.
charles
Jr@Ease
2006-08-14 17:06:05 UTC
Once Upon a Midnight Dreary, While Charles Bishop Pondered, Weak and
Weary, Over Many a Quaint and Curious Forgotten Post, and then wrote:
month and were good for 20-30% off.
Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or May
maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
but no longer does it include coupons.
They seem to have changed their practice. If you sign up for their
"Rewards" program (they give you one of those little cards for your
key chain) you get regular emails with specials and some coupons, but
I don't think they just give you those 20-30% coupons to be used for
anything. At least, I' haven't received any recently either.

John P
Annie C
2006-08-14 17:30:21 UTC
"***@Ease" <***@this.address> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
| Once Upon a Midnight Dreary, While Charles Bishop Pondered, Weak and
| Weary, Over Many a Quaint and Curious Forgotten Post, and then wrote:
| >month and were good for 20-30% off.
| >
| >Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or
May
| >maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
| >disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
| >to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
| >but no longer does it include coupons.
|
| They seem to have changed their practice. If you sign up for their
| "Rewards" program (they give you one of those little cards for your
| key chain) you get regular emails with specials and some coupons, but
| I don't think they just give you those 20-30% coupons to be used for
| anything. At least, I' haven't received any recently either.
|
| John P

I signed up for the Rewards program at my local Borders.. and I'm still
receiving the discount coupons by email. Most recent one came about a week
or two ago, iirc. However, sometimes the deeper discounts are for specific
books that often I'm not interested in purchasing...

You can register online for the Rewards Program
http://www.bordersrewards.com/landing.aspx

Annie

Annie
Randy Money
2006-08-14 19:41:42 UTC
Post by Annie C
| Once Upon a Midnight Dreary, While Charles Bishop Pondered, Weak and
| >month and were good for 20-30% off.
| >
| >Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or
May
| >maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
| >disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
| >to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
| >but no longer does it include coupons.
|
| They seem to have changed their practice. If you sign up for their
| "Rewards" program (they give you one of those little cards for your
| key chain) you get regular emails with specials and some coupons, but
| I don't think they just give you those 20-30% coupons to be used for
| anything. At least, I' haven't received any recently either.
|
| John P
I signed up for the Rewards program at my local Borders.. and I'm still
receiving the discount coupons by email. Most recent one came about a week
or two ago, iirc. However, sometimes the deeper discounts are for specific
books that often I'm not interested in purchasing...
You can register online for the Rewards Program
http://www.bordersrewards.com/landing.aspx
Annie
Annie
Same here, or "20% off one item on $20 or more purchase." I find myself
less interested in shopping there.

Randy M.
MJMC
2006-08-14 22:09:42 UTC
Post by Charles Bishop
Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for discount
on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and got
on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
month and were good for 20-30% off.
Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or May
maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
but no longer does it include coupons.
--
charles
I get them weekly-ish.

Melissa (yes, that's the technical term)
sandi
2006-08-15 01:03:10 UTC
Post by MJMC
Post by Charles Bishop
Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for discount
on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and got
on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
month and were good for 20-30% off.
Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or May
maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
but no longer does it include coupons.
--
charles
I get them weekly-ish.
Melissa (yes, that's the technical term)
are they good on-line?
sandi
nearest borders bookstore about 100 miles-ish away
Annie C
2006-08-15 02:48:40 UTC
"sandi" <***@aoldontsend.com> wrote in message news:44e11d57$***@news.bnb-lp.com...
| MJMC wrote:
| > "Charles Bishop" <***@earthlink.netttt> wrote in message
| >> Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for
discount
| >> on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and
got
| >> on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
| >> month and were good for 20-30% off.
| >>
| >> Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or
May
| >> maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
| >> disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been
advertising
| >> to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
| >> but no longer does it include coupons.
| >>
| >> --
| >> charles
| >
| > I get them weekly-ish.
| >
| > Melissa (yes, that's the technical term)
|
| are they good on-line?
| sandi
| nearest borders bookstore about 100 miles-ish away

According to their FAQ, the answer is No, not at this time.
https://www.bordersrewards.com/FAQ.aspx
Currently, discount coupons can be used only for actual store purchases at
Borders or Waldenboooks. :-(

Annie
sandi
2006-08-15 17:53:26 UTC
Post by Annie C
| >> Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for
discount
| >> on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and
got
| >> on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
| >> month and were good for 20-30% off.
| >>
| >> Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or
May
| >> maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
| >> disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been
advertising
| >> to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
| >> but no longer does it include coupons.
| >>
| >> --
| >> charles
| >
| > I get them weekly-ish.
| >
| > Melissa (yes, that's the technical term)
|
| are they good on-line?
| sandi
| nearest borders bookstore about 100 miles-ish away
According to their FAQ, the answer is No, not at this time.
https://www.bordersrewards.com/FAQ.aspx
Currently, discount coupons can be used only for actual store purchases at
Borders or Waldenboooks. :-(
Annie
then my barnes and noble discount card and i will just go have a party
with someone else. . . .
MJMC

Melissa
Charles Bishop
2006-09-03 19:51:35 UTC
Post by MJMC
Post by Charles Bishop
Some time ago someone posted a link to a Borders coupon good for discount
on books and dvds. Good to have so I tracked down the Borders site and got
on their mailing list for the coupons. They seemed to come about once a
month and were good for 20-30% off.
Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or May
maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been advertising
to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
but no longer does it include coupons.
--
charles
I get them weekly-ish.
What's the normal discount on them? The ones that were 25 to 30% off were
monthly, ishish. I may have to sign up again, though I don't know why I
would have dropped off their list.
charles
Annie C
2006-09-04 00:30:59 UTC
"Charles Bishop" <***@earthlink.netttt> wrote in message
| >> Have these stopped? I stopped receiving them a few months ago-April or
May
| >> maybe, and didn't notice for a while. I got used to getting them and am
| >> disappointed that I no longer do. I suspect it may have been
advertising
| >> to get people to sign up to receive email. I still get email from them,
| >> but no longer does it include coupons.
| >>
| >> --
| >> charles
| >
| >I get them weekly-ish.
|
| What's the normal discount on them? The ones that were 25 to 30% off were
| monthly, ishish. I may have to sign up again, though I don't know why I
| would have dropped off their list.
| >
| >Melissa (yes, that's the technical term)
|
| --
| charles

The one I rcvd by email on 8/31 (good thru 9/4) is for 30% off list price of
one book (Excluding online purchases). It reads Borders Rewards Exclusive
Offer..

Signing up again might not be a bad idea..I receive at least one of these
coupons each month, iirc.

Annie.